Diary

Any remarks or questions on the life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff can be posted here.
mikhailp
Site Admin

Diary

Postby mikhailp » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:52 am

Does there exist a Rachmaninoff diary?
I always wondered if there was anything that would help one find out exactly what the composer himself was going through when he wrote certain peices, like the first piano concerto. I've heard the story about the second, and how the doctor who helped him recover from depression served as a influence for it.
Some say that the beginning chords of it are supposed to be the clock that he used to hypnotize Rachmaninoff, has anyone else heard anything about it?

RACHBOY

Re: Diary

Postby RACHBOY » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:18 am

A concert diary of SVR is being transformed into a web search tool at the moment. Exciting stuff!

mikhailp wrote:Does there exist a Rachmaninoff diary?
I always wondered if there was anything that would help one find out exactly what the composer himself was going through when he wrote certain peices, like the first piano concerto. I've heard the story about the second, and how the doctor who helped him recover from depression served as a influence for it.
Some say that the beginning chords of it are supposed to be the clock that he used to hypnotize Rachmaninoff, has anyone else heard anything about it?

morakeo

Postby morakeo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Chords and Clock??? Sounds interesting mikhailp :wink:

Return to “The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff”