Search found 234 matches

by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:37 am
Forum: Recordings - CD/DVDs
Topic: Lang Lang plays Rach, ...with Gergiev
Replies: 22
Views: 17889

Yes, Lang Lang is not a serious musician. At least not as serious as he should be. I think that Rachmaninoff isn't that difficult to interpret because his music reflects emotions and feelings, and these are something we all have inside us. Like Schostakowitsch, he is not that difficult. His 5th Symp...
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:22 am
Topic: Publisher Recommendations?
Replies: 3
Views: 2945

I'd recommend you Boosey and Hawkes. Preludes, Etudes-Tableaux, Sonatas, Concertos Nos.2&3, 2nd Symphony, op.3, op.5, op.10, op.17, op.19. Boosey and Hawkes are generally excellent editions, whichever composer you buy. About the Dover edition, I've studied some works from there too but I can't s...
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:17 am
Topic: Rachmaninoff's Concert Programs
Replies: 7
Views: 9269

Wow. I haven't ever seen any of these. The only program I've seen is in Carnegie Hall's Museum in New York. Just look at those programs... :shock:
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:10 am
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: conflicts between recordings and published editions
Replies: 1
Views: 2577

Can you name some works and recordings?
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:09 am
Topic: True Birth Date, the 1st or the 2nd?
Replies: 6
Views: 5854

The story might be interesting about his birth date just like Horowitz's birth date. You'll find him almost everywhere born in 1904 but he was born in 1903.
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:05 am
Topic: nice link
Replies: 2
Views: 2983

Yes, www.rachmaninoff.co.uk is going pretty good although each topic usually ends up far far away than where it started.
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:58 am
Forum: S.V.Rachmaninoff's Legacy
Topic: if you like rach...youll also love
Replies: 15
Views: 19848

Why are speaking mostly about piano music?

Scriabin Poems are brilliant.
Liadov's Magic Lake is unique.
Scharwenka's Violin Concerto is something you never forget
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:53 am
Forum: Suggestions and Improvements
Topic: website look and feel
Replies: 14
Views: 14717

I think, although I'm new, that we should all keep in touch on a regular basis and talk about our thoughts on music and comments or anything that we'd like to say. After all, we're related to the same theme... :D
by morakeo
Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:50 am
Forum: Welcome!
Topic: PEOPLE, LIVEN UP THIS PLACE!
Replies: 69
Views: 67183

Hi everyone. I'm new here so I get to know you better. My name is Chris and I'm from Greece, recently living in New York. I play the piano and have also taken conducting and cello lessons. Rachmaninoff is one of my favorite composers and have always loved playing his music. I play music, write artic...

Go to advanced search