Search found 20 matches

by 70percentcocoa
Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:17 pm
Forum: Recordings - CD/DVDs
Topic: early Ashkenazy recording
Replies: 2
Views: 3545

early Ashkenazy recording

I agree! Although his timings and emphasis changed slightly in his later (1970s) recording for Decca, you can still tell who is playing - it's a fascinating glimpse into his development as a pianist and a musician. NB this recording of both Etudes sets (op.10 and 25) is available on Melodyia, in a r...
by 70percentcocoa
Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:06 am
Forum: International Rachmaninoff Society Conference - Sept. 2007 New York City
Topic: Conference Program Day by Day
Replies: 12
Views: 12857

Sasha (and everyone!) The full programme is now accessible via the news page of this site - not allowed.org/news/news.html NB the opening dinner is on FRIDAY evening. Members who have booked should be getting an email from the organisers with all the details shortly. Hope to see you next Friday (a w...
by 70percentcocoa
Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:34 pm
Forum: S.V.Rachmaninoff's Legacy
Topic: BBC Radio 3 Rachmaninoff Day
Replies: 4
Views: 6855

BBC Radio 3 Rachmaninoff Day

Hi everyone! One of the Society's members told me this weekend there was going to be a Rachmaninoff Day on Saturday 12 May on BBC Radio 3 (available to listeners worldwide on not allowed.co.uk/radio3). I have not been able to find the details, other than an all-Rachmaninoff gala performance, in Manc...
by 70percentcocoa
Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:28 pm
Forum: Suggestions and Improvements
Topic: forum membership
Replies: 3
Views: 5545

Good suggestions, thanks! Please do let us know of more publications whose readership might be interested in hearing from us. The reason why the Society has not used paid advertisement a lot is, well, you guessed it - costs! Ads are relatively expensive and have not in the past paid for themselves t...
by 70percentcocoa
Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:47 am
Forum: Best Recordings
Topic: Best Sonata no. 2
Replies: 20
Views: 22604

Sonata No.2

I love Ashkenazy's interpretation too. Among pianists who are both alive and performing (the latter sadly no longer applies to Vladimir Ashkenazy), Simon Trpceski on EMI is well worth a listen. He has got power, elegance and poetry.

Go to advanced search