Search found 308 matches

by Marianne
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 pm
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: 1919 Edition of The Etude
Replies: 2
Views: 4405

Re: 1919 Edition of The Etude

You are welcome! It seems he is mentioned: Please check: scriabin*com/mt/mt-search*cgi?search=rachmaninoff&IncludeBlogs=2&limit=20 insert . instead of * and one more amazingly interesting article: Many Roads to Artistic Playing An Interview with the Eminent Pianist-Conductor By ALEXANDER SIL...
by Marianne
Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 pm
Topic: 1919 Edition of The Etude
Replies: 2
Views: 4405

1919 Edition of The Etude

scriabin*com/etude/1919/10/appreciations-of-rachmaninoff-from-famous-musicians-in-america*html insert . instead of * good article about Rachmaninoff the whole 1919 Edition of The Etude was devoted to Rachmaninoff as long as I understand: scriabin*com/etude/1919/10/ http://scriabin.com/etude/i/t/cove...
by Marianne
Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:40 pm
Forum: Meet & Greet!
Topic: Chopin Competition online
Replies: 1
Views: 4366

Chopin Competition online

Are you watching Chopin Competition broadcast? We are watching it everyday! KONKURS*CHOPIN*PL - insert . instead of * The link ONLINE BROADCASTING is the third one in the left column! What are you favourite pianists of the competition? Let's make bets who will win. I bet that Nikolay Khozyainov will...
by Marianne
Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 am
Forum: Rachmaninoff Weblinks (audio/video clips etc.)
Topic: Mary Alberta Siloti records
Replies: 3
Views: 5540

Re: Mary Alberta Siloti records

This is fantastic how this forum and the name of SVR unites people from different places of the world! Dear Cameron and Natalia, thank you for your reply! I look forward to hear Your concert! Hope it will be inspired by Rachmaninoff music mostly :-) What really amazez me in these Mary Alberta Siloti...
by Marianne
Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:57 am
Topic: Abram Chasins
Replies: 9
Views: 10391

Abram Chasins

http://cs580.vkontakte.ru/u987929/71030704/x_4429a1c2.jpg I am exploring the third volume of Rachmaninoff's letters and there is one letter, adressed to Mr.Abram Chasins, where Rachmaninoff says - "It was a pleasure for me to perform Your second concert, Mr.Chasins. Mr. Stokowsky deserves appl...
by Marianne
Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 pm
Topic: Mary Alberta Siloti records
Replies: 3
Views: 5540

Mary Alberta Siloti records

Here is a great present for all fans of Rachmaninoff! www*rachmaninow*narod*ru/news*html Please insert . instead of * and you will be able to listen to the records of Alexander Siloti daughter-in-law. Among them: Grieg Piano Concerto in a minor Op 16 Schubert-Liszt-Siloti Impromptu in G Major Liszt-...
by Marianne
Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:19 pm
Topic: Chronology of Rachmaninoff's performances
Replies: 17
Views: 16910

Re: Chronology of Rachmaninoff's performances

Sounds great! I wish I were a Society member... :D
by Marianne
Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:17 pm
Topic: Rare photos
Replies: 61
Views: 63386

Re: Rare photos

Each message of user ccarltonn45 are replyes of a robot - he just quotes the previous messages of the forum users! If you could delete all his messages that would be perfect.
And please delete this my message also! My favourite topic is devoted to Rare photos only!
by Marianne
Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Unfortunately the list of concerts starts only from 1909 and is structured in the following way: for example Season 1909/10, then the cities and towns where the concerts took place (according to dates), and then the whole list of pieces that Rachmaninoff performed as a pianist as one list for a seas...
by Marianne
Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 pm
Topic: NEW MOVIE ABOUT SVR?
Replies: 5
Views: 6279

Re: NEW MOVIE ABOUT SVR?

Thank you, dear Cameron, for your message and for the good words that you say! Lucky you to have such a wonderful story of proposal. I wish I knew what place exactly it was in Hermitage. Nabokov wrote in his memoirs about Russia that they used to find some halls in the Hermitage especially deserted,...
by Marianne
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:49 pm

I know there could be a true movie about Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky music, but the director should be an impressionist himself, like Claude Monet! Like Alfred Sisley! If such a director is already born than we all will see a true movie, a true piece of art about Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky and Si...
by Marianne
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:44 pm

:P What movie there can be about let's say Tchaikovsky? What biographical data could tell us more of his talent than the simple record of his Season's pieces? That are so full of nature, that have so many sounds that it seems that they come not from the world of sounds but from the world of sun, sun...
by Marianne
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I've heard about it kind of two years ago... I wish I knew what happened next. Though I hesitate that movie-men can do a really good movie about Rachmaninoff - it is even more difficult than to make a good sculpture ... are there any good sculptures of SVR? No. The movie is even more difficult to ma...
by Marianne
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:33 pm

I have good news! This year is the year when I've got two of that three volumes finally! It was a present from Russian pianist Pavel Egorov who is a great connoisseur of Schumann and Chopin and the head of our SVR's group on Russian facebook vkontakte ! The catalogue of concerts is placed on thirty ...
by Marianne
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Topic: Alexander Siloti
Replies: 38
Views: 37218

Re: Alexander Siloti

Look what they say in a review of the book "Lost in the Stars": At the old Julliard school before moving to the current location, there was a Siloti's statue... www*amazon*com/review/RYTNKQ3PMHBF2 and also: Barber arranged with Carl Fischer to simultaneously publish a collection of Siloti'...

Go to advanced search