Search found 34 matches

by Risha
Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:54 pm
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: Racmaninoff's appearances in London
Replies: 11
Views: 12687

Re: Racmaninoff's appearances in London

I heard Vaughn Williams' Serenade to Music for the first time about a month ago. Utterly breathtaking! It's no wonder that (according to my program) Rachmaninoff was moved to tears at the premiere concert.
by Risha
Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:52 pm
Forum: Recordings - CD/DVDs
Topic: Rachmaninoff Live - concerts, broadcasts etc
Replies: 25
Views: 23573

Re: Rachmaninoff Live - concerts, broadcasts etc

Looks like people around here didn't care much about this topic... I suspect the main problem is that we're all so spread out. As much as I would have loved to see the Proms concerts, I can't afford to cross eight time zones just for a music festival. Still, it's fun to hear about other people's ex...
by Risha
Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:36 am
Forum: Best Recordings
Topic: Ashkenazy and the Concertgebouw CD's
Replies: 2
Views: 5360

Very Cool! I've been needing to get those works - I have no recordings of the 1st or 3rd. What label is it under?
by Risha
Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:11 am
Forum: Rachmaninoff Weblinks (audio/video clips etc.)
Topic: Horowitz in 3rd pianoconcerto,Ann Arbor 1978 unissued record
Replies: 5
Views: 6380

Ja, now I begin to understand why people say that Horowitz "owned" this concerto. I've got seven recordings of RPC3 already, but I'd be willing to invest in another if it was that one. The more I listen to it the more I like it :) WOW... :shock: I think I may have a new favorite for Moveme...
by Risha
Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:21 pm
Forum: Meet & Greet!
Topic: Question regarding website
Views: 4782

Thanks - I guess I'll have to dig around and find my welcome letter...
by Risha
Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:22 am

Heh, wouldn't that be awesome! I've got every commercially available recording of SVR (that I know of), but I certainly wouldn't object to more. :D Where's a time-machine when you need one? I like this one more than the Mehta recording. There are many unissued recordings of Horowitz... But I am actu...
by Risha
Tue May 27, 2008 4:55 am

WOW... :shock: I think I may have a new favorite for Movement 3.

To think he was 75 at the time! Anyone know how to rip audio off of YouTube? Why was this never commercially distributed? I'd buy it!
by Risha
Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 am
Topic: Question regarding website
Views: 4782

Question regarding website

I'm just wondering, what do I need to do to get access to the Rachmaninoff Society Website in general? I have access to the forums and I've been a member of the Society for about a year now, but I don't have a login name/password for the "Members Only" section.
by Risha
Sun May 18, 2008 5:49 am
Forum: Recordings - CD/DVDs
Topic: Rachmaninoff Live - concerts, broadcasts etc
Replies: 25
Views: 23573

For any other Rachmaninoff fans in Oregon, the Corvallis/OSU Symphony is performing the third piano concerto next Tuesday (May 20). Not a professional orchestra, but not half bad either (and free tickets for me :D ). Yuri Rozum is the soloist, R. Strauss and Shostakovich are also on the menu - shoul...
by Risha
Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:13 pm
Topic: Digitally Remastered CD of Cello Sonata
Replies: 4
Views: 6322

Probably my fault for misspelling names. Here's a link to the Yo-Yo Ma recording (just take out the spaces at the beginning). htt p://w ww.amazon.com/Rachmaninov-Prokofiev-Sonatas-Yo-Yo-Ma/dp/B00000279S/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206989848&sr=8-16 Also, if you're looking for the Tr...
by Risha
Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:16 am
Topic: Digitally Remastered CD of Cello Sonata
Replies: 4
Views: 6322

Well, I can tell you that I've got three full recordings, plus parts of about six others. These are the artists on my complete recordings: Yo-Yo Ma & Emmanuel Ax Truls Mork & Jean-Yves Thibaudet Mstislav Rostropovich & Alexander Dedyukhin I'm extremely fond of all of them. Truls Mork has...
by Risha
Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:38 am
Forum: Rachmaninoff Magazine: "The Bells II" * In DISTRIBUTION NOW *
Topic: *brandnew magazine The Bells in distribution now!*
Replies: 16
Views: 17040

BTW, forgot to mention that I loved the picture insert - hope that's going to be a regular feature! :)
by Risha
Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:34 pm
Topic: Reactivate the forum!
Replies: 3
Views: 5408

Well, I can't speak for anyone else in the forums, but I can tell you what happened to me six months ago - school! 18 credits is never easy, especially when you're double major-single minor in a highly technical field. I'm feeling lucky to be alive after all that. On the depressing side of things, m...
by Risha
Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:01 pm
Forum: Rachmaninoff Magazine: "The Bells II" * In DISTRIBUTION NOW *
Topic: *brandnew magazine The Bells in distribution now!*
Replies: 16
Views: 17040

Nice job with the new magazine! Great new layout - it looks really professional. I look forward to the next issue.
by Risha
Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:43 pm
Topic: Best Rach #3 Performance/Recording?
Replies: 60
Views: 73205

I'm thinking I need a recording of Horowitz with RPC3. Can anyone recommend a particular recording? More specifically, can you explain why it's the one I should get?

Go to advanced search