Search found 20 matches

by 70percentcocoa
Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:39 pm
Forum: Recordings - CD/DVDs
Topic: Rachmaninoff Live - concerts, broadcasts etc
Replies: 25
Views: 21770

G minor sonata arranged for viola, 6 Oct, Wigmore Hall, Lond

It has been brought to my attention that there will be a performance of the Rachmaninoff’s large-scale lyrical Sonata in G minor for Cello and Piano, in a version for viola made by Vadim Borisovsky. This will take place at the Wigmore Hall, London on Saturday 6th October starting at 7.30 pm in a rec...
by 70percentcocoa
Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:26 am
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: Sergei Taneyev
Replies: 7
Views: 12205

Re: Sergei Taneyev

The good folks at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra have asked us to correct the link which Marianne posted right at the end of her long post. I cannot do that (Marianne, you might?) But in the meantime please note that you can find them at http://cso.org. Their event calendar (which is what the origin...
by 70percentcocoa
Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:25 am
Forum: Rachmaninoff Magazine: "The Bells II" * In DISTRIBUTION NOW *
Topic: The Bells II reactions
Replies: 9
Views: 12719

Re: The Bells II reactions

To those of you out there not checking our home page very often (shame on you...) the musical examples to go with Geoffrey Norris's excellent article are now online on the members' pages (alongside an incisive review of something called 'Piano Concerto No.5').

Check them out.
by 70percentcocoa
Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Rachmaninoff Concerts in the NL - Songs

I have been informed of the following concerts, which may be of interest to fellow song afficionados: The 20th Century Song Foundation presents RACHMANINOV – THE LAST ROMANTIC? Sergei Leiferkus , baritone Anna Viktorova, mezzo soprano Netherlands Youth Choir Reinild Mees , piano Nina Targan Mouravi ...
by 70percentcocoa
Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Symphony No.2 on the Southbank

Booking details now on the website, as promised
by 70percentcocoa
Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm
Forum: Meet & Greet!
Topic: Is there any cure from Rachmaninomania?
Replies: 4
Views: 5507

Re: Is there any cure from Rachmaninomania?

I can't stop searching for his photos in the Internet... I feel like I'm kind of one of those journalists that annoyed him so much, but I just can't stop! Is there any cure? Apart from Daniel's solution (which is very good), I suggest you join the Rachmaninoff Society, if you have not already :D . ...
by 70percentcocoa
Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Symphony No.2 on the Southbank - special offer

I'll put more information on the website when I am back from the Annual Family Christmas Extravaganza (also known as Belgium), but in the meantime, this is to give Society members the heads up on another special offer: The Purcell School is a school for gifted young musicians (for information on the...
by 70percentcocoa
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 am

Re: The Philharmonia in London, piano concerto no.3!

The Rachmaninoff Society is delighted to announce a study afternoon organised jointly with the Philharmonia Orchestra in London (UK) on 30 November. And what a fantastic event that was! Thanks to all the members and their guests who came. Pity there were not more members from London and the South E...
by 70percentcocoa
Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 am

Re: LPO concert, 12 November

Was I the only one of the Forum contributors at today's concert?... Well, for my money Jurowski is a talent to watch. The first half of the concert I did not much care for - because of the music not the playing (Debussy's 'Jeux' really is not my cup of tea, ditto Stravinsky's Violin Concerto). In th...
by 70percentcocoa
Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:28 pm

LPO Rachmaninoff Concerts discounts

And there are discounts available to Society members for concerts of the London Philharmonic Orchestra and their energetic, intense and inspired principal conductor Vladimir Jurowski. Dates: 12 and 26 November 2008. More details on the main Society website. Join the Society - it's only £15 for a yea...
by 70percentcocoa
Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:11 pm
Forum: *Members Weekend* 12-14 September 2008 - Agenda and Reactions
Topic: Events in Other Countries
Replies: 2
Views: 4530

Events in other countries

Would be great, but it's up to members to organise events.

Nothing that I am aware of outside the UK this year, but this could change if volunteers make themselves known!

Rachmaninoff Society Treasurer
by 70percentcocoa
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:50 am

Rachmaninoff Festival in Pittsburgh, PA

One of the Society's US members has sent in information about a major Rachmaninoff Festival to take place in Pittsburgh, PA during April 2009 with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. The festival will start with concerts April 3-5 featuring the Rhapsody (with Simon Trpceski, who is EXCELLENT in this ...
by 70percentcocoa
Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Rachmaninoff Live - concerts, broadcasts etc

I though I'd start a thread for people to post information about concerts and broadcasts (including their own reviews), which may be of interest to everyone else. So here goes. After two years of very slim SVR pickings, the forthcoming PROMS at the Royal Albert Hall in London are scheduled to delive...
by 70percentcocoa
Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am
Topic: Matsuev's "Unknown Rachmaninoff"
Replies: 7
Views: 7411

The marketing men, that's who...
by 70percentcocoa
Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:30 am
Forum: Rachmaninoff Magazine: "The Bells II" * In DISTRIBUTION NOW *
Topic: *brandnew magazine The Bells in distribution now!*
Replies: 16
Views: 16116

Morakeo's query

No, it should come with your membership pack.

Go to advanced search