Search found 9 matches

by Loki
Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:30 pm
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: Chronology of Rachmaninoff's performances
Replies: 17
Views: 17395

Re: Chronology of Rachmaninoff's performances

Hi all, Does anyone know of an internet site or book that lists all known recital dates and locations played by Rachmaninoff during his life? I check for Rachmaninoff memorabilia on ebay every once and awhile and sometimes see performance programs from concerts he gave and would like to start colle...
by Loki
Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:38 pm
Forum: *Members Weekend* 12-14 September 2008 - Agenda and Reactions
Topic: MEMBERS’ WEEKEND 12-14 september 2008
Replies: 2
Views: 5044

RACHBOY wrote:There are only 10 rooms left, so book your place now for the Rachmaninoff Society Weekend 12-14 Sept. 2008!

Now only FIVE en suite rooms remaining (3 with shared facilities also available) - BOOK SOON!!
by Loki
Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Sorry but I can't say at the moment. We have to secure the compiler's agreement for publication, then undertake the logistics of publishing the data. I'm afraid it won't be that fast!!
by Loki
Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:04 pm

The Society is working on publishing - probably in the Member's Area, a list of all known performances, which has been compiled by a member. This will probably be a simple list of dates and venues. Please bear with us, though. This may take a while.....
by Loki
Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:16 am
Forum: Recordings - CD/DVDs
Topic: Best interpretation of 2nd Symphony
Replies: 14
Views: 14986

I haven't heard the Sanderling for a long time. When I first heard it I didn't appreciate it much. I must give it another try! I agree that Litton is well worth hearing and that the Previn (EMI) version remains a classic and a very safe first choice. However, if I only had one version it would be Or...
by Loki
Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:44 pm
Forum: Recordings - CD/DVDs
Topic: I have absolutely fallen in love with......
Replies: 9
Views: 12009

First Sonata

I agree the Rodriguez recording is good and that it's best to avoid Weissenberg, but my first choice is Gordon Fergus Thomson on Kingdom coupled with the second sonata. Both sonatas are given absolutely tremendous performances but the first especially so. The story goes he had just broken up with hi...
by Loki
Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:58 pm
Topic: This might seem slightly MORBID, but....
Replies: 3
Views: 4201

If you search Google images using "rachmaninoff kensico" you'll find several nice photographs......
by Loki
Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:53 pm
Topic: Cadenza
Replies: 5
Views: 5436

If you follow this link

not allowed.com/X/category/P00201FP8

You will find details of the publication of the cadenza as transcribed by Jan Holcman. It's about the 5th or 6th piece on this page.
by Loki
Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:47 pm
Topic: Rachmaninoff's Children
Replies: 2
Views: 6380

Re: Rachmaninoff's Children

Hi I'm relatively new to Rachmaninoff's music and have recently finished the two short biographies that my local library has of him. In both biographies, it is described that Rachmaninoff had at least one grown child (a daughter, I think) in Europe during the outbreak of WWII. Since each biography ...

Go to advanced search