Search found 10 matches

by feworkr
Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:12 am
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: Harvest of Sorrow: The Memories of Sergei Rachmaninoff
Replies: 25
Views: 21809

Got it! Saw it and it was (again) wonderful! Just keep your volume controller in hand as Sir John comes out way to quiet and some of the symphonic phrases come in way to loud. Be sure to click on 'Subtitles' so you get all the info. I highly recommend it!!!
by feworkr
Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:08 am
Forum: Welcome!
Topic: Members' Music
Replies: 7
Views: 10656

OK! I have my music on a WAV file. Now what should I do? Where should I send it? I'll be on vacation the next 15 days, so have patience.
by feworkr
Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:59 am
Topic: Harvest of Sorrow: The Memories of Sergei Rachmaninoff
Replies: 25
Views: 21809

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon 2 weeks ago. It should be here today or tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it again, hopefully a little sharper than the Ovation network tape.
by feworkr
Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:16 am

Well, I'll work on that. I've been thinking of uploading the CD from my 'recording studio in a box' (the instructions say it's easy) to the computer so I can then make ringtones for my (new) phone. but it's all very technical for me. I'm just a simple ironworker and piano player!
by feworkr
Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:35 am

That would be great. (I'm a glutton for punishment/ridicule!) Let me know where to send the CD.
by feworkr
Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:20 am

I have a CD of Rachmaninoff pieces I recorded here at home - Op.3, some of Op.23 and the b minor Prelude of Op.32. Don't have enough computer savvy for that kind of delivery. But my 'recording studio in a box' made burning CD's easy. I'll send you one if you'd like. Write me at feworkr@msn.com Thank...
by feworkr
Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:20 am
Forum: "Rachmaninoff Recreated" - Event - New York City April 2007
Topic: RACHMANINOFF RECREATED exciting event New York, April 15-16
Replies: 3
Views: 6759

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa - - - where did I miss the secret handshake- "1/2 of the places have been reserved as of 3/15" Hey, thanks for the advanced warning - I was in Paris then - this is posted 3/27?!?! Nice planning. I'll just plop in from Chicago on a few days' notice.
by feworkr
Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:23 am
Topic: Rachmaninoff In Cuba
Replies: 1
Views: 2733

The closest I could find, in 2 different sources, was that Rachmaninoff was in Cuba sometime between Nov. 10 1922 and March 31 1923. I could find no specific dates or programs. Hope this helps!
by feworkr
Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:30 am
Forum: Meet & Greet!
Topic: good amateurs who is hidden
Views: 8564

Hi everyone! My 'real' job is an ironworker here in Chicago, laying out and installing the 'skins' of buildings - glass, steel and aluminum. But I've been playing piano since I was 7. I am now 49. (ouch!!) In 2003, I bought a model 'L' Steinway and began to take my piano playing seriously. (again) S...
by feworkr
Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:47 am
Topic: Senar (Rachmaninoff Estate)
Replies: 8
Views: 7557

I visited Senar this past June. It is still a private residence as Alexander Rachmaninoff still resides there. Sometimes, he hosts concerts in the house. I just missed one by a couple of weeks. Search the Weggis or Hertenstein websites for more possible concerts. I have pictures that I'd be glad to ...

Go to advanced search