Search found 11 matches

by linda
Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm
Forum: Suggestions and Improvements
Topic: Winding-up of the Rachmaninoff Society
Replies: 1
Views: 3217

Re: Winding-up of the Rachmaninoff Society

Happy Birthday, Rex. My remembrances to Rachmaninoff are posted on his find-a-grave site. And, actually, Sergei always celebrated his birthday on April 2, not April 1. It seems to have been quite some time that anything current was posted on this site and the problem appears to be lack of interest i...
by linda
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 pm
Forum: S.V.Rachmaninoff's Legacy
Topic: Legacy
Replies: 2
Views: 4088

Re: Legacy

What a wonderful thought, Pianola, however, if you mean London, England, I would have to book a longish flight. We live in Canada. If I can talk my husband into it, we'll be there! The program sounds magnificent and I would give a lot to attend (and also to meet you and to toast our mutual friend, a...
by linda
Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:14 pm
Forum: S.V.Rachmaninoff's Legacy
Topic: Legacy
Replies: 2
Views: 4088

Legacy

Christmas Blessings, Seryozha. Your light shines on. Your music will grace our hearts forever.
by linda
Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 am
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: Rachmaninoff's grandson, Alexandre Conus
Replies: 8
Views: 9998

Re: Rachmaninoff's grandson, Alexandre Conus

Hi Pianola: I know for a fact that one of the central issues for the Society is to attract new members (this is stated in the Minutes) so I can't explain why they aren't accepting new members. Perhaps something's going on we don't know about. I'm disappointed in my membership in the Society as I can...
by linda
Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 pm
Topic: Rachmaninoff in Poetry
Replies: 1
Views: 3446

Re: Rachmaninoff in Poetry

Clever!
by linda
Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello Pianola: I have posted several comments in different parts of this website but have received only one reply (from Zane as I remember). I am in complete agreement with you that no one seems to be monitoring the site and the powers that be are apparently either unaware or don't care about what's...
by linda
Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Hello Pianola: It sounds like Alexandre had some issues in holding onto relationships and was using Senar as HIS refuge against the world as well as protecting the Rachmaninoff legacy. Too bad considering his grandfather's love of the place although, in later letters, Rachmaninoff confessed that Sen...
by linda
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 am

Thank you so much for the info. I did see the first article but hadn't seen the second one. I am sorry that Alexandre didn't see fit to arrange for Sergei, Natalya and Irina to be moved from Kensico Cemetery back to Senar as that was where Rachmaninoff wished to be buried. I'm not sure about your re...
by linda
Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Rachmaninoff's grandson, Alexandre Conus

I saw online that Rachmaninoff's grandson, Alexandre Conus, passed away Nov. 1, 2012 at the age of 79. Do you have any information on this?
by linda
Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm
Forum: Suggestions and Improvements
Topic: Music on home page of society
Replies: 5
Views: 8675

Re: Music on home page of society

I don't know what changes have been made recently but since I've been a member there has been nothing new. I'm disappointed that there isn't a new picture posted monthly in the Rachmaninoff Gallery as was suggested that you would do. As well, there doesn't seem to be much current conversation going ...
by linda
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:12 am
Forum: Meet & Greet!
Topic: Kensico
Replies: 9
Views: 12913

Re: Kensico

I have been to Kensico and am going again this coming week. I looked for but didn't see a lilac tree. It is noted in one of the Rachmaninoff biographies that he "even had a place where he could be buried..." at Senar so that was his wish, but when he died in California, his coffin was kept...

Go to advanced search