Search found 4 matches

by DanNYC
Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 am
Forum: Meet & Greet!
Topic: Hello, All
Replies: 23
Views: 20906

Re: Hello, All

My recording of the original 1st and 4th concertos arrived today, and after listening to the 4th twice in a row! , I must say I'm delighted both by the composition itself and the playing by Mr. Ghindin. The last movement alone is worth the purchase price. This is a must have recording for Rachmanin...
by DanNYC
Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:31 am
Topic: Tri Russkie Pesni - Three Russian Songs Op. 41
Replies: 6
Views: 8026

Re: Tri Russkie Pesni - Three Russian Songs Op. 41

Dan I spotted a collectible edition of what you're looking for on Amazon.con....unfortunately the seller is asking $200.00! :? StewH, I saw it. Thanks for the heads-up. $200 - but I don't blame him if someone is willing to buy it for that much. I wouldn't mind offering him $20 if he could make a xe...
by DanNYC
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:16 pm
Forum: The Life of Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff
Topic: Have you heard the story about ...?
Replies: 25
Views: 22576

Re: Have you heard the story about ...?

Marianne, it would not surprise me if the story was fabricated, especially if there is no record of them performing together at Carnegie Hall. I could imagine such a thing being true though, because of the intense concentration Rachmaninoff had when playing. Opus23#10 I don't know if the story itse...
by DanNYC
Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 am
Topic: Tri Russkie Pesni - Three Russian Songs Op. 41
Replies: 6
Views: 8026

Tri Russkie Pesni - Three Russian Songs Op. 41

Does anyone know who currently publishes the score of the Three Russian Songs OP. 41? They were originally issued in Europe by TAIR, Rachmaninoff's own publishing venture, but they don't seem to have been taken up by Charles Foley (Rachmaninoff's US agent and publisher) like the other TAIR publicati...

Go to advanced search