The First and the Third Concertos in Massachusetts

Here you can post anything regarding Rachmaninoff's music on record/cd/dvd and concert experiences
Natasha

The First and the Third Concertos in Massachusetts

Postby Natasha » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Hello everybody,

I believe it's an excellent idea to exchange an information about performances.

First of all, if you are in New England in August, you may want to get a ticket now for the Third Rachmaninoff's Concerto with Yefim Bronfman and Boston Symphony Orchestra James Levine, I belive). It's Tanglewood, August 14.

However already in April Spivakov is coming to Boston with The National Philarmonic of Russia and Denis Matsuev . On April 22, they will perform Rachmaninoff's First Concerto along with Liadov (The Enchanted Lake), Tchaikovsky and Prokofiev(Romeo and Juliet).

You may also be interested in a festival Boston will be hosting in May to celebrate Ballets Russes (http://ballets-russes.com/).

Please let me know if you are around Boston and want share your feelings and opinions about the preformances.

All the best,
Natasha

RACHBOY

Re: The First and the Third Concertos in Massachusetts

Postby RACHBOY » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 pm

If you all want, I can make a special concert section at the forum in which you can all report on concerts, in the future or attended.

StewH

Postby StewH » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:01 pm

By all means--this is a good idea.
StewH

opus23#10

Postby opus23#10 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:17 pm

It is a marvelous idea to have a special section for Rachmaninoff performances in different places. :D It will probably generate a lot of interest in those performances, since members will spread the word to their friends. I brought two people to our S.A. TX performance, who might not have gone without me. They were impressed :!: There might not be a lot of postings at first, since concert performances are major endeavors. However, if people who attend will share their impressions, there might be some very interesting discussions. This is right in line with the Society's purpose.
Opus23#10
Last edited by opus23#10 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikhailp
Site Admin

Postby mikhailp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Oh no! If only I had seen this post 5 days ago...

ahhhhhhhhhh
Mikhail Pais
Classical Pianist
not allowed.com

Return to “Recordings - CD/DVDs”