Rachmaninoff playing in movie, does exist any?

Here you can post anything regarding Rachmaninoff's music on record/cd/dvd and concert experiences
Fernando555

Rachmaninoff playing in movie, does exist any?

Postby Fernando555 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:47 am

Hello.
I am new in this forum, and it was a great notice to know exists a forum like this dedicated to
Rachmaninoff.
I would like to know if there is films, "clips' with Rachmaninoff playing piano. I looked for that a lot , but never got any movie of him playing, just scenes in family, or speaking, or in a boat, etc. Even in the Tony Palmer´s documentary about Rach is not showed any movie of him playing.

So, does exist any film ( not just audio, but film, with dinamic images ) of him playing piano?
I am sorry if this question has already done in the forum - I took a look yesterday and didn´t find it.

Thanks

Marianne

Re: Rachmaninoff playing in movie, does exist any?

Postby Marianne » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Hello, Fernando!

I've heard that such a record exists. That some conservatory teacher in Moscow showed such kind of tape to his students in 50-s, or 60-s. I've also heard that some collector in Caucasus has got such a record but keeps it for himself.
I haven't seen such a record yet, but I hope it exists! :-)

Fernando555

Postby Fernando555 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 am

Wow, someone is hiding that of the world? It is a pity.
I hope some day that appears in some way.

One acquaintance of me, pianist, told me that if there is someone who knows with assurance about the existence of Rachmaninoff´s videos playing , this is indeed Ashkenazy. He is the President of this Rachmaninoff Society, maybe he could answer this question, but I dont know how to do this question to him ( by email? )- and I don´t want to disturb him, who must be a very busy person.
But if someone could do that, I would appreciatte.

kurtdaniel

Postby kurtdaniel » Sat May 19, 2012 5:09 pm

There is only one that I know of. They don't show him playing nor teaching the piano lesson. It's very old film. It's called "Harvest of Sorrow"

Return to “Recordings - CD/DVDs”