rach himself

Here you can post anything regarding Rachmaninoff's music on record/cd/dvd and concert experiences
juufa72

rach himself

Postby juufa72 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:38 am

so where can i pick up free recordings of the genious himself? either his own music or him playing other's. what is the deal with the copyright law in the US? because it has not been 50 years since rach died?

joeisapiano

Postby joeisapiano » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:16 am

here ya go. dunno about copyright stuff, as this is a russian site. it has a lot of rachmaninoff playing his own stuff mixed with others playing rachmaninoff. unfortunatly it's all in russian so (if you're like me and don't speak it) you'll have to figure out what it all means. http://classic.chubrik.ru/Rachmaninov/

Risha

Re: rach himself

Postby Risha » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:00 pm

juufa72 wrote:so where can i pick up free recordings of the genious himself? either his own music or him playing other's. what is the deal with the copyright law in the US? because it has not been 50 years since rach died?

Well, actually, it has been more than 50 years since Rachmaninoff died, so the scores of his music are in the public domain (at least in the US). However RCA Victor owns the rights to most of his recordings. I've seen a couple videos on YouTube where the audio is taken from one of his recordings (the video is just a picture of SVR), but I don't know of anywhere you can download the audio files.

Marianne

Re: rach himself

Postby Marianne » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 pm

Here is the link
senar.ru/records/

The previous link contains his works being played by other pianists.

Good luck

Return to “Recordings - CD/DVDs”