Mary Alberta Siloti records

Here you can post any Rachmaninoff related and legal weblinks to for instance Youtube for interesting performances, picture and music websites, podcasts etc. You can also discuss the weblinks here
Marianne

Mary Alberta Siloti records

Postby Marianne » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Here is a great present for all fans of Rachmaninoff!

www*rachmaninow*narod*ru/news*html

Please insert . instead of * and you will be able to listen to the records of Alexander Siloti daughter-in-law. Among them:

Grieg Piano Concerto in a minor Op 16
Schubert-Liszt-Siloti Impromptu in G Major
Liszt-Siloti Benediction de Dieu (we know there is this piece is also played by Alexander Siloti on youtube)
Liadoff Prelude d minor Op 40 No 3
Liadoff Prelude in b flat minor Op 31 No 2
Liadoff Prelude in f sharp minor Op 39 No 4
Blumenfeld Prelude in D flat Major Op 17 No 15
Blumenfeld Concert Etude in f sharp minor
Bach-Siloti Prelude from Cantata BWV 29
Arensky Fantasy on a theme by Ryabinin
Vivaldi-Bach-Stradel Organ Concerto in d minor
Scriabin preludes and etudes
Rachmaninoff Prelude in g minor Op 23 No 5
Arensky Etude Op 53 No 6
Chopin's Etudes

and much much more!

1)Don't miss.
2)Share this link with your music friends and invite them on this board
3) Write your impressions of this precious pearls.

The choice of pieces is quite interesting, isn't it?

CAMERON

Re: Mary Alberta Siloti records

Postby CAMERON » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:12 am

Hi Marianne,
this is fantastic! I hadn't heard of Mary. You keep coming up with these amazing posts! I listened to the recordings, and you would have to say that she was a very accomplished pianist. It makes me smile that SVR didn't like to teach, and I can understand why. I teach music at Lyndale Secondary College in Melbourne (www.lyndale.vic.edu.au) and my wife, Natalia teaches voice and piano and sings. We are both pianists and I am currently composing a Piano Concerto. When I complete this, I would like to send you a copy of the score, and would be grateful for any comments about my work. The last SVR piece I worked on was the Prelude in G# minor. I love that piece. It's interesting to hear the Horowitz recording of this piece from Moscow in 1986. Good luck with your new page idea for the narod.ru site. I will definitely visit that. Thankyou sincerely for your contributions to the forum. I will look out for rare photos for you, and now I will listen to some more of Mary Siloti's recordings. Best wishes from Australia. CAMERON.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 am

This is fantastic how this forum and the name of SVR unites people from different places of the world!

Dear Cameron and Natalia, thank you for your reply!
I look forward to hear Your concert! Hope it will be inspired by Rachmaninoff music mostly :-)

What really amazez me in these Mary Alberta Siloti records - is the choice of pieces she plays.
These pieces are not that popular nowadays - I mean Arensky, Liadoff and Blumenfeld.

kurtdaniel

Postby kurtdaniel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 am

She plays pretty well!! Im a big fan of Alexander Siloti, no wonder Mary Alberta is so good coz,, alexander was the one to teach her learn to play piano..

Return to “Rachmaninoff Weblinks (audio/video clips etc.)”