Rachmaninoff 2nd piano concerto Upcoming performance

Here you can place info about yourself in order to get to know each other on the forum somewhat better. You can also use it for some more random conversation
lovechiefs

Rachmaninoff 2nd piano concerto Upcoming performance

Postby lovechiefs » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:21 am

To Whom It May Concern

My name is Avguste Antonov. I am a concert pianist based in Texas, USA and I am represented by Price Rubin & Partners.
I have also been a member of the Rachmaninoff Society off and on for the past few years.

I am writing this post to respectfully inform the society about my upcoming performance of the Rachmaninoff 2nd Piano Concerto with the Hardin-Simmons University Orchestra. The performance is scheduled for

March 2nd at 8pm
Behrens Chapel-Auditorium on the Hardin-Simmons University campus
2200 Hickory
Abilene, Texas 7960

I would like to respectfully invite all of the Rachmaninoff Society residing in Texas to consider attending.

Thank you very much for your time

Avguste Antonov
http://avgusteantonov.com

Opus 28

Re: Rachmaninoff 2nd piano concerto Upcoming performance

Postby Opus 28 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for posting this Avguste.

Texas is too long a treck from London for me personally. But I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

RACHBOY

Postby RACHBOY » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:05 am

Hi Avguste,

Could you tell us what it is like to play the 2nd Piano Concerto?
Many of the members are pianists, but very few are able to play it!

lovechiefs wrote:To Whom It May Concern

My name is Avguste Antonov. I am a concert pianist based in Texas, USA and I am represented by Price Rubin & Partners.
I have also been a member of the Rachmaninoff Society off and on for the past few years.

I am writing this post to respectfully inform the society about my upcoming performance of the Rachmaninoff 2nd Piano Concerto with the Hardin-Simmons University Orchestra. The performance is scheduled for

March 2nd at 8pm
2200 Hickory
Abilene, Texas 7960

I would like to respectfully invite all of the Rachmaninoff Society residing in Texas to consider attending.

Avguste Antonov

lovechiefs

Postby lovechiefs » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:33 pm

well, in short

-the first movement is probably the easiest of the 3. Easy to memorize and not that painful as far as technique.
-2nd movement is the difficult one as far as memory goes, while technically still not that difficult
-3rd movement is the difficult one as far as technique, especially in the beginning of the movement, like the first 2-3 pages. The issue is also tempo, but not that much. Memory is also a bit of a pain especially when the key signature changes.
there is also the middle section, which is a bit painful technically and also to memorize

Sorry if it is a bit too short, just not sure what specifically are you interested in hearing about

kurtdaniel

Postby kurtdaniel » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:37 pm

lovechiefs wrote:To Whom It May Concern

March 2nd at 8pm
2200 Hickory
Abilene, Texas 7960

Avguste Antonov
anyone want to share a video of this performance.. i lost my copy and i really miss watching it..that performance made me enroll in the piano lesson..

Return to “Meet & Greet!”