New piano music at www.valitova.com

Here you can place info about yourself in order to get to know each other on the forum somewhat better. You can also use it for some more random conversation
Lilia Valitova

New piano music at www.valitova.com

Postby Lilia Valitova » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:47 am

Hi, friends,
I am composer and pianist from Russia. My name is Lilia Valitova. Now I live in USA, California, Albany.
I'd like to introduce my new piano CD "Yearning", which was released in June 2009.
In my web site valitova dot com you can listen to 7 songs from my CD. I composed music of CD and performed it. Music of CD is based on Jewish folk and liturgical music. Like many Russian composers, I made free interpretations of original melodies.
CD is now available at CDBaby dot com , at Amazon dot com,and at Digstation dot com.
I played a solo piano concert in June 2009. You can look at the program of my concert at my web site.

RACHBOY

Re: New piano music at www.valitova.com

Postby RACHBOY » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Lilia,

welcom to the Rachmanninoff forum!
What is your relationship with the music or the person of Sergei Rachmaninoff?

Lilia Valitova

Postby Lilia Valitova » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:26 am

Hi, Rachboy,

I am composer from Russia. I live in California for seven years. Still, in my music people feel a lot of Russian flavour, inspired by Rachmaninoff, Scriabin, Rimsky-Korsakov,Mussorgsky,Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev and by Russian, Ukranian, Polish, Jewish folk music and music of other cultures, that were close to Rachmaninoff.
I feel obligation to continue this path.
By the way, I studied in the same school, where Rachmaninoff did - Moscow conservatory.

RACHBOY

Postby RACHBOY » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi Lilia,

what 'traces' of Rachmaninoff can you still find in Moscow Conservarory? Statues, paintings, halls named after him?

Lilia Valitova wrote:Hi, Rachboy,

I am composer from Russia. I live in California for seven years. Still, in my music people feel a lot of Russian flavour, inspired by Rachmaninoff, Scriabin, Rimsky-Korsakov,Mussorgsky,Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev and by Russian, Ukranian, Polish, Jewish folk music and music of other cultures, that were close to Rachmaninoff.
I feel obligation to continue this path.
By the way, I studied in the same school, where Rachmaninoff did - Moscow conservatory.

Lilia Valitova

Postby Lilia Valitova » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:57 am

I remember the concert hall in one of the buildings of conservatory, was named after
Sergei Rachmaninoff. We called it " The 3rd hall", because there were Big /Grand/ Hall, Little Hall, White Hall. But for the student concerts and exams we used only three of them /except Grand Hall/.It was a medium size concert hall. In the lobby there was a bust of Rachmaninoff. But this was around 1983-1987. There were stories, that this particular building belonged to a Lyceum college for young aristocrats /cadets?/before revolution of 1917.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Is this the one?

Lilia Valitova

Postby Lilia Valitova » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:01 am

I don't remember this sculpture. If I would see this particular sculpture in 1985, I would remember it forever, it's really funny.

kurtdaniel

Postby kurtdaniel » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:24 am

Lilia Valitova wrote:Hi, friends,
I am composer and pianist from Russia. My name is Lilia Valitova. Now I live in USA, California, Albany.
I'd like to introduce my new piano CD "Yearning", which was released in June 2009.
In my web site valitova dot com you can listen to 7 songs from my CD. I composed music of CD and performed it. Music of CD is based on Jewish folk and liturgical music. Like many Russian composers, I made free interpretations of original melodies.
CD is now available at CDBaby dot com , at Amazon dot com,and at Digstation dot com.
I played a solo piano concert in June 2009. You can look at the program of my concert at my web site.
Your songs were really impressive,, hope i can be as good as you someday after i take up the piano lesson..

Chrisatorain

Postby Chrisatorain » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:24 pm

I like to hear piano music and I am like to study it. That site you are given is very nice. You can use this best essay writing service for any kind of writing support in future.

SusanneDemarco

Postby SusanneDemarco » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:18 am

I am very much fond of piano music. Students who need help in writing can visit dissertation writing service

Return to “Meet & Greet!”