Is there any cure from Rachmaninomania?

Here you can place info about yourself in order to get to know each other on the forum somewhat better. You can also use it for some more random conversation
Marianne

Is there any cure from Rachmaninomania?

Postby Marianne » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:51 am

I can't stop searching for his photos in the Internet...

I feel like I'm kind of one of those journalists that annoyed him so much, but I just can't stop!

Is there any cure?

Daniel

Re: Is there any cure from Rachmaninomania?

Postby Daniel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:28 am

Yes, it is.
Stop feeling like an annoying journalist and keep on searching!

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 am

Thank you, Daniel! :D

It's just I understand that even if we had only one photo of SVR, we could appreciate his music and his deeds all the same.
I can only make one single excuse - quite good collection of photos can help those who need to publish good covers for the discs, so that artists would feel that there is no need to paint ugly caricatures of SVR. And secondly these photos can help sculptors to make descent monuments. Though this is also questionable and depends much on the talent of the artist. There are many paintings of Rachmaninoff and some of them are quite poor in spite of the fact that Rachmaninoff posed for them personally :?

70percentcocoa

Postby 70percentcocoa » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Marianne wrote:I can't stop searching for his photos in the Internet...

I feel like I'm kind of one of those journalists that annoyed him so much, but I just can't stop!

Is there any cure?

Apart from Daniel's solution (which is very good), I suggest you join the Rachmaninoff Society, if you have not already :D . It will not cure the symptoms, but you will find yourself in the company of similarly afflicted people. Then it will feel completely normal to be scouring the web for pictures!

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:23 am

Thank you! :D
I hope I will have a chance to join the Society very soon.
I've been thinking about that quite often, dreamt of the rare photos that you have there in the hidden part of the site :D
May be that is the only way to cure because once when you get as much information as you can, the thurst for information hopefully goes away

Return to “Meet & Greet!”