Alexi Koltakov plays Rachmaninoff

Monthly Polls will indicate which recordings will be featured here, cast your vote!
opus23#10

Alexi Koltakov plays Rachmaninoff

Postby opus23#10 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:11 am

This Saturday, 11-17, pianist Alexi Koltakov will join the San Antonio Symphony in performing Piano Concerto No. 2 by Rachmaninoff. Mr Koltakov has won many awards for his playing, and concert goers are expecting a memorable performance. I understand that the guest soloist is from the Ukraine, and I am sure he has performed internationally. Have any of you forum members heard him play Rachmaninoff's works?
Opus23#10

RACHBOY

Re: Alexi Koltakov plays Rachmaninoff

Postby RACHBOY » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:15 pm

I've been to Kiev this spring but have not heard from him yet.

opus23#10 wrote:This Saturday, 11-17, pianist Alexi Koltakov will join the San Antonio Symphony in performing Piano Concerto No. 2 by Rachmaninoff. Mr Koltakov has won many awards for his playing, and concert goers are expecting a memorable performance. I understand that the guest soloist is from the Ukraine, and I am sure he has performed internationally. Have any of you forum members heard him play Rachmaninoff's works?
Opus23#10

kurtdaniel

Postby kurtdaniel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Alexi is a prodigy. I remember watching his vids when I was in Jr. High...One of the rare gem in centuries.. Most of my piano teachers are also impressed with him..

thomas

Postby thomas » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:57 am

I have an essay writing. I would like to write my essay cheap. i think this forum will helpful that.

Return to “Best Recordings”